Sheraton Fuschlsee-Salzburg, Hotel Jagdhof: Accommodation Review
Sheraton Fuschlsee-Salzburg, Hotel Jagdhof, Salzburg, Austria
Schloss Strasse 1 · Hof bei Salzburg, 5322 · Austria
+ 43 6229 23720
About 10-15 minutes drive to the centre of Salzburg
Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG)
SPG Category: 3
If you are looking to explore one of Europe’s most picturesque cities without staying in the hustle and bustle of the city, then you should turn your attention to Sheraton Fuschlsee. This stunning hotel property is tucked away in the foothills of the Austrian Alps, a short drive to the east of Salzburg. The full service hotel and conference centre has everything required for a relaxing stay, whether you are travelling for business or pleasure.
We checked in at the Sheraton Feschlsee looking for a relaxing stay before we embarked on a camping trip through Africa. Needless to say, we got exactly what we were looking for. We enjoyed the pool, jacuzzi, and sauna daily and made the quick drive to the city to explore Salzburg.
What we loved
- Pool, jacuzzi and sauna – These we made us of on a daily basis. The pool is perfect for swimming as it is never too busy. Similarly, the jacuzzi and sauna were always available of our use
- Hospitable, friendly staff – The staff at this hotel were certainly ‘Sheraton calibre’. They were professional and accommodating. For example, they printed over 50 pages of documentation for us for free as we prepared for our African trip
- Proximity to Salzburg – We loved staying in such a secluded, serene location, yet so close to the city. Close enough that we drove to a different restaurant in Salzburg every evening for dinner (unfortunately, this meant we did not eat at the hotel’s two main restaurants, Jagdhof and Osteria)
- The setting – the grounds are immaculate, with some rooms offering lake view, other offering mountain views. The place is like a sanctuary of peacefulness with a vibe that makes you relax the minute you turn into the parking lot
- In-room WiFi dropped occasionally, but was not a huge inconvenience as we were not traveling for business
- As we are travelling long-term, we used SPG points for this stay
~$199 CAD/night + ~$20 CAD in taxes/fees
7,000 SPG points
3,500 SPG points + ~$65 CAD (cash + points)
*all prices as of January 2015
Clearly we truly enjoyed our stay at Sheraton Fuschlsee-Salzburg, Hotel Jagdhof. So much so, we tried to extend our stay by two days However, due to an upcoming conference we were unable to find a room. We 100% recommend staying here when visiting Salzburg!
If you would like to learn more about our visit to Salzburg, you can read more here: Stunning Salzburg!